The Commercial Loan Administrative Assistant performs various regular and more complex tasks related to processing C&I, CML-RE, construction and / or consumer loans under the supervision of the Team Leader. This position involves registering new loans and maintaining electronic files, preparing documents and notices, and responding to customer inquiries. The Commercial Loans Administrative Assistant initiates the entry of loan data into the Loan Creation System (LOS) and manages the loan through the LOS process.
In some cases, the Commercial Loan Administrative Assistant may resolve more complex client issues under the direction of loan officers or participate in activities such as disbursing funds, loan extensions, calculating interest, billing and the preparation of spreadsheets. In addition, this person can interact with borrowers and applicants to request and collect credit information, perform direct service desk / credit checks, ensure sufficient collateral documentation.
ABOUT LOWELL FIVE
With $ 1.4 billion in assets, 230 employees and 16 banking centers in the Merrimack Valley and southern New Hampshire, Lowell Five is honored to play a vital role in the economic vitality of the region. We support, and our employees are engaged in, a myriad of leadership roles for many boards of directors and community organizations. We pride ourselves on the longevity of our employees and are committed to finding new talent for our team. We offer career development and training programs to support personal and professional growth as well as a set of benefits that support the best life for the findings of every employee.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs data entry based on information provided by loan officer, borrower or applicant
- Coordinates and ensures the completion of all relevant phases, steps and LOS tasks through document preparation
- Enter and validate various entries related to compliance regulations including HMDA / CRA, Flood Cert, government surveillance data, etc.
- Prepares the necessary documentation to communicate loan status to borrowers, including notices, disclosures, terms and conditions sheets and letters of commitment
- Prior business lending experience and experience in administering or supporting technology solutions applicable to lending within a financial institution and / or with loan origination systems is highly preferred
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office suite programs including Outlook, Work, Excel
- Willingness and ability to learn new systems as needed to support Bank growth and service expansion
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships; team player with excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to multitask and change the workflow to accommodate the assignments of loan officers assigned to the team
- Ability to work independently when needed, with limited supervision
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover a complete list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Tasks, responsibilities and activities can change over time.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Protected Veterans / Persons with Disabilities