Deadline: August 24, 2022
Applications are open for Apple Entrepreneur Camp 2022 for Black Founders. Apple Entrepreneur Camp consists of an immersive technology lab, as well as mentorship, education, and support.
Apple Entrepreneur Camp was created to support founders from underrepresented communities and their organizations in building the next generation of cutting-edge apps, and to form a global network that encourages the pipeline and longevity of underrepresented founders and developers in technology.
The program includes cohorts of female, black, and Hispanic/Latin female founders and developers from underrepresented communities. During these tech labs, you’ll receive one-on-one code-level guidance on your application from Apple experts and engineers, as well as mentorship, inspiration, and insights from key Apple executives. Upon completion of the lab, you will receive ongoing support and become part of a growing community of exceptional alumni who can help you grow your business.
Selected organizations receive the following free of charge:
- Personalized code-level guidance from Apple engineers.
- Ongoing support from an Apple Developer representative for at least one year.
- One year membership in the Apple Developer Program.
- Access to the Apple Entrepreneur Camp alumni network, a world-class group of inspiring and ambitious leaders.
Applications are accepted from developers worldwide and up to three members of your organization can attend. To be able to apply:
- Your organization must have:
- A black founder, co-founder or CEO;
- A Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous, or female developer proficient in Swift or Objective-C; and
- An existing app on the App Store or a working beta in TestFlight, or equivalent.
- The black founder, co-founder or CEO; the Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Indigenous, or Female Developer; and one other colleague (if applicable) must each be 18 years of age or older, fluent in English, and able to attend together for the duration of the lab.
Applications will be reviewed based on:
- Content of the written answers to the questions of the application form;
- Commitment to the development of Apple platforms using the latest Apple technologies; and
- Whether the application is unique or innovative.
The program is scheduled to run from October 10-14, 2022. The application consists of four parts, which include uploads and prompts for written responses.
- Organization details: Tell them about your organization and provide contact information for up to three employees who would participate if your organization is selected.
- Your app: Provide details about your app and development team. You can include a download or demo link, and up to three screenshots or wireframes that best illustrate the user experience.
- The future: Describe what you expect to get out of your participation in Apple Entrepreneur Camp, as well as your plans for the future.
- Further information: Select the dates you wish to apply for and provide additional comments.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Apple Entrepreneur Camp.