LIVINGSTON, La. (BRPROUD) – Free walk-in legal clinics will be held at the Livingston Parish Library for those who need legal help.
Southeast Louisiana Legal Services – SLLS will provide its services to low-income families and individuals with civil issues at the Livingston Main Branch and Denham Springs-Walker Branch. The clinics will take place every month from August to December.
Some legal matters the service will cover include foreclosures, employment, evictions, disputes, federal tax matters, uncontested divorces, and more. Personal injury, criminal or malpractice cases will not be considered.
The next dates for clinics are Tuesday, August 2 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Denham Springs-Walker branch and Thursday, August 4 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the main branch.
Dates of upcoming walk-in clinics at Main Branch:
- Thursday, September 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday, Oct. 6 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 3 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Thursday December 8 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Dates for upcoming walk-in clinics at the Denham Springs-Walker branch:
- Tuesday, September 6 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Oct. 4 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 1 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 6 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.