Toronto, ON — Today, strategic consulting firm Connecting for Results (CFR) is pleased to announce that the Print Wisdom career mentorship program celebrates its first anniversary. In conjunction with Ryerson University’s Tri-Mentoring Program, Print Wisdom has provided Ryerson Graphic Communications Management (GCM) students with the opportunity to find guidance from experienced print professionals since its launch on February 8. 2021.
Designed to help students make a smooth transition from school to work, Print Wisdom matches students with seasoned industry professionals, allowing them to seek out career advice, guidance and motivation, as well as industry resources.
During its year of operation, the mentorship program has:
- Helped 41 students with expertise across the industry, from print production and graphic design to sales and leadership.
- Expanded to support second year students in addition to third and fourth years.
- Offered three unique sessions: winter, summer and fall.
- Supported by many female scholars, who are currently in the majority in the GCM program.
- Feeding youth for future success during COVID-19.
- Offer employers the opportunity to meet new talent.
- Received recognition at the Canadian Printing Awards, honoring Bob Dale with the Community Leader of the Year award for starting the program.
“We are delighted with the industry support we have received for Print Wisdom. Thank you to all of the professionals who participated and helped prepare students for future success. We look forward to continuing the program,” said Bob Dale, COO, Connecting for Results.
“Connecting with industry professionals is invaluable to students and they have benefited greatly from this experience,” said Martin Habekost, president of Ryerson University’s School of Graphic Communications Management.
“We have found that mentoring programs have positive effects on students. Print Wisdom has helped many people feel a greater sense of confidence and direction and less anxiety about what happens after graduation,” said Maricruz Rodriguez, Mentorship Facilitator, Print Wisdom Program. tri-mentoring, student affairs, Ryerson University.
The current Print Wisdom session runs until March 31, 2022, and the next session will launch in the fall. To sign up as a mentor, please visit: www.ryerson.peoplegrove.com or email [email protected] for more information.