In addition to partner promotions, Liverpool-based Weightmans has promoted three to General Counsel, 28 to Senior Partner and 43 to Associate Lawyers.
Liverpool law firm Weightmans has created 11 new partners, including five in its Liverpool office.
In addition to partner promotions, Weightmans has promoted three people to General Counsel, 28 to Senior Partner and 43 Associate Lawyers – a total of 85 promoted this month. The new partners are:
- Katie Price, Birmingham, illness
- Sarah Hopwood, Birmingham, healthcare
- Louise Mutch, Liverpool, great loss
- Simon Forster, Manchester, great loss
- Sam Gittoes, Liverpool, engine
- Sarah Walker, Birmingham, WTE
- Martin English, Liverpool, regulation
- Lee Rogers, Liverpool, job
- Jon Gregson, Liverpool, job
- Andrew Forrest, Birmingham, employment
- Amy Nesbitt, Newcastle, litigation
These are the first partner promotions since 2019, after a year of unexpected challenges and opportunities as Weightmans sought new ways of working to help clients and colleagues weather the COVID-19 pandemic.
Managing Partner John Schorah said: “The past year has been marked by many challenges, taking action to preserve the jobs of people in a time of great uncertainty while maintaining the exceptional quality and levels of service for which our customers are addressing.
“We worked quickly to make sure we were responding to new demands and identifying emerging opportunities. Our employees have worked tirelessly throughout the process and the support we have received from them is simply inspiring.
“I want to congratulate our new partners, senior partners, general counsel and partners on their success, some of whom have been with us from the start of their careers.”